Vevo Delivers Must-See TV for Music Videos on tvOSmayo 18, 2017
NEW YORK, NY, May 18, 2017
Vevo today unveiled its new experience for fourth generation Apple TV (tvOS), providing new levels of personalization and curation for music video lovers on the big screen. Vevo on tvOS has a redesigned user interface that blends simplified navigation and improved personalization to get users to the content they love quickly and easily.
“Music videos became a cultural phenomenon through the power and reach of television over the last thirty years,” said Erik Huggers, CEO, Vevo. “In recent years, this platform has lacked the rich and immersive experience that a new generation of viewers demand from their connected devices. With Vevo for tvOS, we’ve created an environment that allows the music video to shine once again on the big screen, with an intuitive user interface and new levels of personalization and control.”
Key features for Vevo on tvOS include:
- New design and layout that gets you to playlists and videos you’ll love and into an immersive, lean-back experience as soon as you open the app.
- Artist stations to fit your tastes and moods.
- The ability to browse while listening to a playlist or artist station or video, with our unique “peek-inside-playlist” UI that allows you to preview what’s inside a playlist.
- Programming curated by our in-house editorial team that’s perfect for the time of day and the big events and holidays.
- Completely localized playlist experience by genre and market.
- An experience that evolves with you; the more you use Vevo, the more personalized the experience will become.
- Fluid playlist controls that enable you to navigate through a playlist without exiting to a static details page.
- The ability to curate your Vevo, with just a couple of taps necessary to add a video you like to your favorites section or to one of your playlists.
- A genres section that allows you to browse the top videos, trending artists and most recent playlists for the genres you prefer.
Vevo for tvOS will be available to download from the app store Friday, May 19, 2017.
Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 23 billion monthly views globally. Vevo delivers a personalized and expertly curated experience for audiences to explore and discover music videos, exclusive original programming and live performances from the artists they love on mobile, web and connected TV.